- Ambassador – A simple IRC client forked from legacy Firefox addon ChatZilla.
- Brave – A privacy-focussed web browser with automatic ad & tracker blocking.
- LibreWolf – A similar concept browser based on Firefox rather than Chromium.
- Flashpoint – A large-scale Flash preservation project. A client allows you to search, download, and run a massive collection of stuff.
- f.lux – Automatically adjusts the color temperature of your screen at night. (I dunno about its claims about helping you sleep better or whatever, I just think it's nice.)
- foobar2000 – Simple audio player with several plugins for playing emulated game soundtrack rips.
- PNGGauntlet – Compress your PNGs (by 50% or more!) before uploading to save on storage/bandwidth/whatever. (All my personal PNG files on this site were ran through this.)
- Real-Time Corruptor – Corrupt your video games. (As popularized by Vinesauce.)
- Rockbox – Custom firmware for older MP3 player devices.
- Sumatra PDF – Just a nice, basic PDF/CBZ/etc reader.
- VLC media player – A very robust media player that supports many formats.
- youtube-dl – Download YouTube videos, or pretty much any other kind of video from pretty much any other site. Runs on command line, so it can be tricky to use, though there are GUI versions out there.
- yt-dlp – A youtube-dl fork with additional features.
- YY-CHR – A tile viewer for digging through the graphics of old game roms. (Partly used for my NES CHR page.)
- The Ultimate Oldschool PC Font Pack – Classic pixel bitmap fonts for modern use.
- bsnes-plus – SNES emulator. A fork of the incredible bsnes, with some added debugging functionality. (R.I.P. Near)
- Dolphin – GameCube/Wii emulator. Tons of support. Truly a triumph in community effort.
- DuckStation – PS1 emulator. A surprising new project that's super fast, simple, and lightweight. Offers dynamic resolution options, including widescreen in some cases. One to watch.
- FCEUX – NES emulator. I dunno, there's probably better options out there, but this is the one I use.
- FinalBurn Neo – Arcade emulator. Famous for NeoGeo and CPS1/CPS2, but seems to support a bunch of random stuff now. The official successor to "Alpha".
- melonDS – DS emulator. Includes uprezing options, which can really make those low poly 3D games pop.
- Mesen – NES/SNES emulators. Also seem pretty good.
- mGBA – GBA/GB emulator. It can uprez "Mode 7" type graphics, which really cleans up games like F-Zero and Mario Kart.
- PPSSPP – PSP emulator. Sort of Dolphin-esque in its level of polish. Quite nice.
- Ruffle – Flash Player emulator. Adopted by a number of familiar sites after Flash was killed off. And you can embed it on your site. Far from complete, but making strong progress.
(some ppl still use this right?)